Sunday, January 12, 2014

WEE BALLS OF ENERGY


















So yea...these are ALL over the internet so I'm not coming up with anything magical and new here. But, I seriously go through these little balls almost as much as my family pumps through Sriracha. So I will post them because they deserve as much praise as my own children. That is how awesome they are.

I hate measuring when it comes to cooking so I'm guesstimating portions for you. And honestly these guys go over best if you flavor them to taste. You need them in your life and they need you so just add what you need to make sure you love them. Love cinnamon? Then add a whole honkin' more. Hate Sunflower butter? Then use Almond butter. Etc. Feel free to adjust.

Here are some of the tasty treats you get to dump in your mixing bowl:



















(Wet ingredients that hold her all together)
1/2 C Sunflower or Almond Butter
1/3 C Honey
2 t Vanilla
1 t Coconut Oil

(Dry ingredients)
1 C Raw Oats
1/2 C Coconut Flakes
1/4 C Ground Flax Seeds
2 T Chia Seeds
2 t Cinnamon
1/4 C Pecans, Walnuts or Sunflower Seeds
Dried Cranberries
Dark Chocolate Chips

Simply mix all the above goodness together. Add more of anything that seems lacking.




















Once everything is mixed form into small balls. Drop them into a container, each layer divided by wax paper. Refrigerate.




















These have become a staple for me every morning at work before I start designing for the day. Pair them with your favorite coffee and you will move mountains with the energy they generate. I love these wee balls of energy! I hope you do to.