Thursday, January 2, 2014

THE SMELL OF CHRISTMAS


During my parent's visit this Christ my mom asked to name smells that trigger a memory. One of the smells I mentioned was one that just screams Christmas. That smell was from when I was little and my dad would open the box to our Christmas decorations. The smell of musty, mold caked ornaments packed tight for twelve months would waft through the air with a vengeance. I loved that smell that would leave me sneezing up until Easter. Regardless it's a fond memory that was always topped with hot chocolate, peppermint sticks and the smell of my mom's pumpkin pie. I love Christmas right down to the very last detail which includes the smell. Our Christmas decor boxes are slowly gaining that aging smell of Christmas past but with that we bring in our own traditions. These little marshmallow hot chocolate stir sticks were a hit and will make the tradition list of must haves from here on out.