Sunday, January 26, 2014

COCONUT PUMPKIN MIX



I have a dear friend that has a delicious habit when she comes to my house. Just about every visit she shows up with some type of food. I'm talking almost ALWAYS. Even when it's a visit where no food has been spoken of that we would potentially be partaking in. Yes, she still brings something. I love it! She is the one in fact that got me hooked on making my own granola. She showed up during a random visit with a baggie filled with home baked hippie crunch. That whole weekend I scarfed through it with my morning coffee. I was hooked. So this weekend she showed up with another ziploc of goodness filled with a coconut pumpkin mix. Oh. My. Lord. It is so delicious! I've been sprinkling it on my greek yogurt and am officially out. I'm heading out first thing to buy a bag of coconut flakes and all hell's gonna break loose! 

I added a few things to the original recipe my friend gave me because I HAVE to put vanilla and Chia seeds in everything. The below recipe is a tad different but the heart of it is the same.


COCONUT PUMPKIN MIX

STUFF:
 
1C Pepita Seeds
1C Slivered Almonds 
2C Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (Not shredded, flakes)
1T Chia Seeds 
1/2C Canned Pumpkin
1/4C Honey 
1T Coconut Oil 
1/2t Cinnamon
1/2t Vanilla
 
GIT 'ER DONE: 

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Warm coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and 
vanilla in a small pan. Add canned pumpkin. Mix all other ingredients in 
mixing bowl. Pour warmed wet ingredients over nut/coconut mixture and 
mix well. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 40-55 minutes.