Friday, January 3, 2014

BRASS GLARE OF NONSENSE


Wow. Look at that beauty of a space. This is a picture taken of our living room while the previous owners still lived at the house. No wonder it was hard to sell. One night while we were watching a movie I was distracted by the brass glare of nonsense around the fireplace. During a commercial I walked over to the wall and started dismantling the fireplace front. Our boys started questioning my actions and asked why mommy was destroying the house. Tony, my husband, knows better. He knows to sit quietly when I have these bursts of destruction for two reasons. One, I will jump down his throat if he questions my sporadic behavior. Two, he knows in the end it will look much better than what we started with. So with that, our living room remodeling began. Ready, or not.

I am not one to plan. I do not sketch things out on paper or create powerpoint presentations of how whatever I'm destroying or building will save the world, make sense, or how it will look. I just start moving things forward with force until I turn what's in front of me into what I imagine in my head. And yes, that can be scary. Especially to a husband that is a huge planner and powerpoint maker.

The process took a while and we still have some work to do. But for now it is much better than what we started with!